Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner (yellow) And a little introduction about me :P

Hello everyone,
for a very long time, I've been thinking of creating a blogsite and review about the stuffs I use on a regular basis and about other things aswell, mostly skincare products, make ups etc etc. But I never had the guts to do it and was always been thinking twice if I really can maintain a blogsite if ever I open an account.
 

 But today, I've been bored and I thought of doing a review about a skincare product that I've been using for a while, since I really really want to do blogging. But I'm a newb about all this stuffs (blogging hahaha). So I'm going to try to review this and do the best I can so bare with me!



So lately, I've been using a toner and added it to my skincare regimen, and the toner is a witch hazel toner! I was in search for a good toner for a while, used a few, but all of them has witch hazel extract on it, but I found out about this witch hazel toner that I saw on a health store, my sister told me about it cause she's using it, so I told her if I could try it for 3days/3nights to test it and see how it will react on my skin, that time, I was having breakouts on the middle of my eyebrow and a few on top and it won't go away with the acne free toner with witch hazel extract that I'm using, and I was also giving my skin a break from the products I use everyday to let my skin breathe cause I was thinking that maybe it's the weather (it's scorching hot and it's summer here right now in my country) that's why I'm having this breakouts *criiiies*
So, I tried it for 3 days, twice a day, before I go to bed, and in the morning when I wake up.






*photo courtesy of google images that I've found when I was searching for a nice photo of the toner. Not trying to claim that the image above is mine.
(Was not able to take a photo of my toner)






The product says that it helps in refining pores, controls oil, and eliminate oil on skin. Witch hazel is good in treating acnes too and in the healthcare field, it's considered as the only acceptable and safest astringent to use in cleaning the stoma (opening they make in your stomach  if you undergo Ostomy) and also for Hemorrhoids. And it's also a very good antiseptic!

So that's enough about the medical terms and stuffs, back to the review hahahaha, So I give the toner a go and tried it, and in 3 days, I did love the toner already!
So what the toner did to my face:

  • It lessened my blackheads around my nose.
  • It dried out and cured the acnes in between my eyebrows.
  • It kinda refined my pores too.
It didn't dry out my skin even if it has 14% alcohol in it (it's a safe alcohol for the skin btw ^_^).


What I like about this product:

  • It's really nice to use in cleaning my face before putting my anti-aging moisturizer too. ^_^
  • It's also nice to use before I put on my BB cream or BB cream foundation.

  • I wake up with a smooth and soft skin on my face every morning even if I use the toner alone. <33333
  •  It's really affordable and effective too. o_O 
  • The price is really reasonable for the toner itself.

  • Their travel size bottle is really handy and you can carry it with you and just put it in your bag.
 And I can say that this toner is one of my HG product. <3


What I don’t like about the product:


·        I think the product evaporates or maybe I’m wrong hahahaha since it’s really hot in my country. T_T

·        The hole in the bottle isn’t really convinient enough cause it’s too big.

·        I can only get the toner in a store that’s located an hour or or an hour and more away from my town called, “Healthy Options” since they are the only store that sells Dickinson’s toner and the store only has a few branches that I know.



But I love the product and I’m 100% sure that I’m going to get another bottle soon, and make sure I’ll buy the bigger bottle.

They have 3 bottles available in stores btw ^_^





So in my opinion, all in all the toner itself is a great product, BUT. It depends on every person’s skin, since it worked for me, it doesn’t mean it will work to everyone. *wink*


So until next time guys! <3 Hope you enjoy reading my review <3 

4 comments:

  1. Where did bought it and for how much? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nica! I bought it at Healthy Options and they have 3 sizes available. The smallest bottle costs around 69 Pesos. :]

      Delete
  2. I love this toner! It made mh skin really smooth talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Nice hazel toner for skin. Love to use this product in future.

    witch hazel toner for acne

    ReplyDelete